Harnessing the Power of
to impact our neighborhood's most urgent social challenges
What Do We Do?
CHANGE HAPPENS IN RELATIONSHIP
Shoreline Community Services (SCS) serves as the nexus – the central point of connection in our community – making sure the most vulnerable in the Central Beach Area of San Diego are cared for with compassion and equity through community relationships.
We want to create an interdependent community aligned with a common goal – a thriving, safe and welcoming neighborhood for everyone!
A strategic process is used to:
Determine the most pressing challenges
Find the solutions to those challenges
Identify and organize community members who can assist
Facilitate the execution of the solution
How Do We Do It?
Our current focus is to address the unmet needs of unsheltered individuals and families in the Central Beach Area. Shoreline Community Services steps in to these gaps by offering meals, resources and access to housing options through the efforts of Community Members and Community Partners.
Who Are the Partners?
Shoreline Community Services works in association with a growing number of organizations, churches and businesses to enrich and grow services to more than 300 people weekly.
Currently SCS partner churches include Pacific Beach United Methodist Church, Christ Lutheran Church, St. Brigid’s Parish, St. Andrew’s By the Sea Episcopal Church, Pacific Beach Presbyterian Church and Pacific Beach Christian Church.
Proudly, SCS continues a long standing working association with the UCSD Student-run Free Clinic and the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine offering medical, dental and acupuncture services to more than 75 individuals and families each week.
We have worked collaboratively with local organizations, Discover PB, Beautiful PB, the Mission Beach Town Council, Pacific Beach Town Council, Duwara Consciousness Foundation, District 2/City of San Diego, Pacific Beach Tuesday Farmers’ Market, Feeding San Diego, HandsOn San Diego and the Pacific Beach Woman’s Club.
Those helping us with housing coordination are Downtown San Diego Partnership, Rooted Life, PATH and McAlister Institute.
Want To Be Involved?
- Receive Volunteer Outreach/Mentor Training (Safety, Boundaries, Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing)
- Volunteer with us!
- Prepare and/or serve meals
- Go to our Amazon Wish List Here and donate crucial items!
- Share your expertise: legal aid, money management, life skills, computer classes, employment training, etc.
- Make a tax-deductible donation
In the News
- San Diego Union Tribune: “Someone San Diego Should Know: Caryn Blanton”
- SD News: “Shoreline Community Services helps unsheltered people and families in beach areas
- PB Monthly: “People in Your Neighborhood: Community advocate Caryn Blanton works to bring hope to those without homes”